Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another Good Thing

Yes it is time for...

Good Thing #4: Meeting a Friend

Last week I received a note from the very lovely Kate of Harmony and Rosie saying that she and her family would be traveling to my fair city and would I like to meet for a cuppa?

Well goodness yes!

Now, I have met only a very few of my bloggy friends face to face, and whilst it is exciting, one can never be sure just how it might turn out. So, a little cautious I arrived at the designated meeting spot realizing I wasn't completely certain of what she looked like. I did a quick think and recalled her build and hair style from photos on her blog (the ones where she shows off her beautifully made frocks) and settled in with my coffee to wait.

I suppose it is sort of like a blind date, with a little less pressure of course. For in some ways you do feel as if you know this person a little bit from the years of reading each other's blogs.

Well, I needn't have worried. From the moment Kate arrived with her gorgeous smile and big hugs, it was as if we had indeed known each other for ages. She is every bit as lovely in person as she is on her blog (even more so!). It was one of the most enjoyable cuppas I can recall. We sat and chatted for what seemed like only a short while, when her family arrived telling us what time it was. Lo and behold, we had been nattering on for 3 hours! She needed to tend to her family and I needed to go home to mine, we hugged goodbye. I felt so glad to have met and made a true friend; I also was a bit sad that we would not be able to meet up on the regular for weekly cups of coffee (in my case) and tea (in her case).

Both of us were so busy having a lovely chat that neither one of us remembered to get a photo!

It was really a wonderful meeting, and I am reminded of what an amazing community of "friends" I have made since I started my rambling ways here on this blog. I am so humbled and grateful for the world of like-minded souls that I have encountered.

Thank you Kate, our cuppa will be a well remembered highlight for a long time to come.

Please go visit Harmony and Rosie to see her beautifully made creations, from stunning jewelry to gorgeous bags and frocks! She's a mighty good read too!

This week of Good Things has made me very happy.

It has all been leading up to A Super Duper Good Thing...

...otherwise known as

The Really Big News!!!

Oh I am so excited to share it with you all, I can hardly stand it! I can hardly wait!
But wait I will. Until tomorrow my friends!

xo






7 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I wondered where Kate had got to!!! :)
How lovely to be able to meet for a cuppa!
Vivienne x

Sherri B. said...

That is so nice that you could meet up with a blog friend and have such a good chat. - Looking forward to the Super Duper thing tomorrow! xo

...C o w R o a d... said...

We might meet again this summer as we are planning a visit to your lovely town. I'll let you when exactly but very likely some time in July.
Surprises are so much fun, can't wait! ;-)

Evie said...

so nice to ready this post meeting someone from blog land can be a little nerve wrecking but with an ending like this it needs to happen more often! i wonder what tomorrow will bring... so curious.

vintage grey said...

Sounds like a fun cup of coffee!! I can't wait for your good news!! :) xo Heather

teddybearswednesday said...

It's such a wonderful thing isn't getting to meet bloggy friends face to face and how often there is that instant ease and feeling of knowing the other forever . I cannot wait until we meet !;)
I also cannot wait until tommorow for your big news.
xo
PS speaking of good things when do you think we should um tell?

harmony and rosie said...

Hello my lovely friend, it really was such fun wasn't it? I still can't believe we were still deep in chat after 3 hours, and I think we could easily have gone on for another three, no problem! Am now trying to engineer a return visit so we can carry on where we left off...
Take care and by the way, that bed of PG's looks so inviting, I could so easily cozy up in that myself.

Kate xox